Gary Rinaldi has played a wide variety of gigs over the course of the last 15 years, including everything from Big Band Jazz to Heavy Metal. He is currently a show band drummer from time to time with Carnival Cruise Lines.
After getting his first drum set, he played along with the stereo to groups like Led Zeppelin, Metallica, and Phil Collins. His musical pursuits continued by enrolling at New Jersey City University where he studied classical percussion and Jazz. Besides playing with various bands in the New York tri-state area, Gary’s first professional gig was touring full time as percussionist for the National Tour of the production “The Full Monty.” He has also been active as an educator in the New York Tri-state area.
Now living in Los Angeles, he has performed at world famous venues such as the Whiskey a Go Go, House of Blues, and the Viper Room, and has done sessions at the famous 4th Street Recording Studios in Los Angeles. He is available for live gigs,touring and recording sessions.
- Show band Drummer for Carnival Cruise Lines.
- Drummer for the Big Band Review “Our Sinatra,” a tribute to Frank Sinatra/National Tour
- Percussionist of the National Tour production of “The Full Monty”
- Worked with Producer Chris Wonzer at Entourage Studios and Jim Wirt at 4th St. Recording Studios
- Freelance Drummer In Los Angeles
Some of his influences include: Neil Peart, Terry Bozzio, Steve Gadd, Simon Phillips, Joe Morello, Stewart Copeland, Vinnie Colaiuta, Nicko Mcbrain, Jeff Porcaro, Alex Van Halen, John Bonham, Lars Ulrich, Dave Weckl, Mike Portnoy, David Garibaldi, Dave Lombardo and Keith Moon..to name a few.